Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Tubing

Another highlight of our camping trip was tubing.  Cam and Jess came up with their boat and we were able to get out on the water a couple times.  The girls went with Rob on Saturday and then we all went together on Monday before we headed home. 

Can you pick out the two who are NOT enjoying the ride?

P1050493 P1050495

Tubing was not Rebecca or Jess’s thing and so they decided to enjoy the boat ride instead and let the others do the tubing.

 

Marietta was pretty good at it and had a good time.  The first time they went they just used one tube, so two tubes was something new but she enjoyed that as well.  She’s determined and when the tube flipped sideways Rob had to yell at her to let go and not try to stay on longer.

P1050500

Matthew did not like the boat ride and was asking only minutes after we left if we could go back.  I suspected he wasn’t going to like it, but he was terrified enough to justify going back because that would mean one of us would have to stay on land with him.  He was more relaxed if he was sitting on someones lap.

P1050531P1050501

I had hoped to find an excuse to stay on the boat, but none of them were good enough and so I had to get out and take my turn also.  It’s been a good number of years since I’ve been tubing … back in our dating years.  While it isn’t something I’d be asking to do all the time, it was still fun and I was smart enough to call it quits before my arms were so tired/sore that I wouldn’t be able to move them the next day.

P1050525

Unfortunately nobody else on the boat had their boating license so Cam was not able to get out on the water but had to stay behind the wheel.

P1050528P1050534

Once we arrived back on land and Rob had found his keys back … phew … we headed home.  Matthew should have slept the whole way home, but instead decided to be a pest a good part of the way and finally dosed off very shortly before we arrived at our supper destination.  

P1050536

A quick unloading of the van, prep for soccer coaching (Rob and I are coaching separate teams) and off to soccer we went.  I don’t recall, but I’m sure we all slept good that night! :)

No comments: