Saturday, April 2, 2011

Elastic Pig Tails

I have previously posted when I've done elastics around the girls entire head so that they don't have to do their hair during the summer (see here and here). Marietta was determined at the beginning of the year that she was going to put elastics in her hair at the beginning of each month so she wouldn't have to bother with her hair for a month and then at the end of the month she could take them out and see how long her hair had gotten. I have always used dental elastics when needing small elastics in the girls hair as they last much better then the actual hair ones. But I am at the end of my elastic collection and do not see the orthodontists very often anymore so I cannot get more that way. When Rebecca goes to the Ortho then we usually ask for a bag or so to keep us going and since everyone loves the girls hair-do's it's not hair to get them :) On this occasion they gave us a different kind then we usually use and they did not last near as long ... guess we have to stick to the tried and true. Previously I have worked the elastics around the head to make a pony tail at the top of the head, which we would decorate on Sunday by putting curlers in or making a messy bun. This time I split the hair and worked it down into two low pig tails. I actually forgot to take pictures, so I dug this one out of my other pics. While it worked, I prefer the other way we do it better. Because these elastics didn't last as long she had to take it out after two weeks ... and since we did not have enough elastics to do her whole head again she had to settle for some other creative hairstyles that didn't take so many elastics .... I haven't heard her complain :)

No comments: