Monday, April 19, 2010

Potty Trained

Since a few people have asked how the potty training things is going I figured I'd update in that area too. As I mentioned in my comments on the "Self Training" post, he entered a stage of being too lazy to bother with the idea. Once I realized that this just meant I had to be a bit forceful on it we were back on track.

In the past 10 days we've had one accident ... which was at a birthday party where he was just having too much fun to remember to come pee. In some way that's just as much my fault as I should be more diligent when I know he's have lots of fun and may "forget". So I'd say he's doing good!!! :)

Being dry at nights or naps is still a long ways away, but I'm quite happy with just daytime trained for now. Currently this seems to have helped with his excessive wetting at nights and most of the time he has not soaked through everything when I go to him in the "middle" (usually 5-5:30am) of the night because he wants a "bobby" (yes my almost three year old still drinks a bottle ... and in bed to make it worse). I change him then, give him his "bobby" and tuck him back in to sleep some more ... he wakes up 1-2 hours later and is dry and ready to pee on the toilet. Works for me!

I really don't remember potty-training time with my other kids, so I could be wrong, but I'm thinking he's been my easiest kid in that area ... so far ... we'll see how long it takes before he's nighttime trained!

No comments: